Intel has announced plans for an initial investment of more than 33 billion euros to build a leading-edge semiconductor fab mega-site in Germany, to establish a new research and development (R&D) and design hub in France, and to expand capacities in R&D, manufacturing, foundry services and back-end production in Ireland, Italy, Poland and Spain.
With this landmark investment, Intel will bring its most advanced technology to the continent, helping the EU create a next-generation European chip ecosystem and addressing the global need for a more balanced and resilient supply chain.
Intel’s plans will help boost production to meet the surging demand for advanced semiconductors, powering a new generation of innovative products from Intel and serving the needs of foundry customers as part of Intel’s IDM 2.0 strategy.
- Intel plant Investitionen in Höhe von mehr als 33 Milliarden Euro in der EU
- Intel Announces Initial Investment of Over €33 Billion for R&D and Manufacturing in EU
- Intel EU Investment Webcast (Livestream)
- Media Alert: Intel European Union Investment Webcast March 15
- Intel in Magdeburg/Deutschland (Fact Sheet) (PDF)
- Intel in Magdeburg (Infografik) (PDF)
- Stimmen aus Politik und Industrie zu geplanten EU-Investitionen (Quote Sheet) (PDF)
- Industry Partner Quotes (PDF)
- Government Partner Quotes (PDF)
- Intel in Germany (Intel.com)