Intel has announced plans to further reduce its direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions and develop more sustainable technology solutions. As one of the world’s leading semiconductor design and manufacturing companies, Intel is uniquely positioned to drive global sustainability and greenhouse gas reduction through its own actions, partnerships with suppliers, and empowerment of customers and other innovators.
Specifically, Intel pledged to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions in its global operations by 2040, to increase the energy efficiency and to lower the carbon footprint of Intel products and platforms with specific goals, and to collaborate to create solutions that lower the greenhouse gas footprint of the entire technology ecosystem.
- Intel Commits to Net-Zero Greenhouse Gas Emissions in its Global Operations by 2040
- The Sustainable Network and Edge: Building the Foundation for the Future, today (Jeni Panhorst Blog)
- Intel Makes Climate Change Commitment and Calls for Matching Federal Policy Ambition (Stephen Harper Blog)
- Driving Desktop Sustainability, Now and into the Future (Kathleen Fiehrer Blog)
- Sustainable Computing of the Future (Jennifer Huffstetler Blog)