Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler
The Intel® HLS Compiler for Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software provides various capabilities to enable hardware programmers to use C++ for accelerating their FPGA development process.
- Uses untimed ANSI C++ as the golden design source
- Allows you to quickly explore multiple architectures through high-level directives
- Simplifies tool usage by inferring design intent from high-level constraints
- Supports verification of RTL by comparison with the original C++ source model
- Generates reusable intellectual property (IP) for system integration using the Platform Designer (formerly Qsys)
- Supports inference of streaming, memory mapped, or wire interfaces
- Performs device-specific timing-driven schedule optimization and technology mapping for Intel® FPGAs
- Supports a software compiler use model and industry standards including ac_int data types
- Detailed reporting feature for a birds-eye view: High-level design HTML reports are automatically generated during the simulation stage lets users see bottlenecks in their design
- Allows users to view and analyze: Area utilization, loop structure, memory usage, system data flow, clusters, and surrounding logic
- Supports multiple flows to integrate IP in a system. Integrate HLS code through direct HLD instantiation, through Platform Designer, or onto an Intel® Programmable Acceleration Card (Intel® PAC)
An Intuitive Design Environment
- New Loop Visualization GUI (Beta) and Bottleneck Viewer enables deeper insights for easier optimization
- Pipes can connect HLS components to testbenches
Area or Performance Improvements
- Loops with different trip counts can be fused using pragma or automatically
- Streams & channels in Intel® Stratix® 10 & Intel® Agilex™ device families can lower FIFO usage (less FIFO usage) by enabling Hyperflex optimized handshaking
- Pipes enable fast, intra FPGA, connections between tasks. Also, create array of pipes
- The Intel® HLS Compiler is included in the Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software installation and is supported by the Quartus Prime Pro Edition, Quartus Prime Standard Edition, and Quartus Prime Lite Edition
- License required for the Quartus Prime Pro Edition and Quartus Prime Standard Edition
- No extra license needed for the Intel® HLS Compiler
- Download the new Intel® HLS Compiler Package. This separate add-on installer lets users take advantage of the latest version of HLS with an older version of Intel® Quartus® Prime Software, no need to revalidate your code
Documentation and Support
Find technical documentation, videos, and training courses for Intel® HLS Compiler.
Learn more about how to purchase Intel® FPGA development tools and software.
Get the complete suite of Intel® FPGA design tools.
This page lists all the online and instructor-led courses currently available.
Find local distributors that can help you in purchasing Intel® FPGA Software.