LONDON, Sept. 7, 2023 – Intel® Ignite, Intel Corporation's acceleration program for early-stage deep tech startups, reveals the 10 exceptional startups selected for its first cohort in the United Kingdom. The 12-week program kicks off Sept. 12, 2023.
More than 200 startups applied for a spot in the London-based program. After rigorous evaluations led by Intel executives and technical leaders from across the tech industry, top venture capitalists, entrepreneurs and ecosystem influencers, 10 were selected. The companies span diverse technologies, including generative AI and machine learning, large language models, data, cloud and edge, next-generation computing, security and privacy, autonomous technologies and robotics, hardware and manufacturing, software developer tools, and software development and operations.
“With these pioneering startups, Intel Ignite is thrilled to be launching the first cohort in London, which is home to the third-largest market in the world of startups and the number one market outside of the U.S.,” said Tzahi (Zack) Weisfeld, Intel vice president and general manager of Intel Ignite. “Since its inception in 2019, Intel Ignite has worked alongside early-stage deep tech companies to provide guidance, and together we are co-creating innovative technology that will change our future. Our participating companies collectively have secured an astounding $1.7 billion in funding, and we look forward to fostering more disruption and driving the cutting edge of technology forward.”
The first cohort for the U.K. includes:
- Apoha – Sensory Intelligence for grounding machines into physical reality.
- Circuit Mind – Architecture to automatically select components and circuit schematics in 60 seconds.
- Crypto Quantique – Chip-to-cloud solution to manage and secure Internet of Things devices in a single platform at scale.
- Finchetto – Building the first all-optical, passive network switch.
- Ivy – Unifying all AI frameworks, infrastructure and hardware, and accelerating both development and deployment with one line of code.
- LGN – Enterprise-grade deployment and management platform for computer vision-based edge AI systems.
- Lumai – Ultra fast, highly scalable 3D-optical inference processor.
- Skippr – Accelerating the product design process with AI.
- Vaultree – Fully functional “in-use” encryption for database and AI workloads.
- VyperCore – Compute acceleration and application security via novel microprocessor design.
“As our deep tech accelerator program expands to an additional home in London, these 10 startups are set to disrupt and redefine the future of technology,” said Ofer Shayo, Intel Ignite London managing director. “They embody the spirit of innovation that defines the heart of the U.K.’s startup ecosystem.”
Intel recently announced the expansion of Intel Ignite into the U.K. As with the existing programs in Israel, Europe and the U.S., the founders in the inaugural program in the U.K. will be guided and mentored by seasoned entrepreneurs from Intel and other experts. They will gain invaluable insights into essential areas such as fundraising, go-to-market strategies, marketing and sales, technology, and product development. Additionally, the program will prioritize crucial topics, including founders’ mental health, diversity and inclusion, and the effective management of co-founder dynamics. Early-stage ventures selected for the first U.K. cohort have already secured substantial capital; the average funding for this inaugural cohort is roughly $7.6 million from notable investors. The program is non-dilutive and free to startups, and there is no financial participation from Intel or Intel Ignite to the startups.
Companies interested in applying for the next cohort can submit their application at the Intel Ignite website.
About Intel Ignite
Launched in 2019, the Intel® Ignite program supports founders whose goal is to change the world for the better using disruptive technology. The 12-week program focuses on all aspects critical to the success of early-stage startups. Global business and technology leaders individually mentor the startups to further accelerate their growth and enable them to successfully realize their breakthrough ideas.
The Intel Ignite accelerator program for startups has seen 148 companies participate to date globally, in its programs in Europe, Israel and the U.S. For information, visit intelignite.com.