Explore this product brief, which describes the benefits of Intel® Omni-Path Host Fabric Adapters, designed specifically for HPC, with end-to-end fabric optimization, low power consumption, and an advanced “on-load” design that automatically scales fabric performance with rising server core counts.
Each HFI supports:
- Multi-core scaling – support for up to 160 contexts
- 16 Send DMA engines (M2IO usage)
- Efficiency – large MTU support (4 KB, 8 KB, and 10KB) for reduced per-packet processing overheads. Improved packet-level interfaces to improve utilization of on-chip resources.
- Receive DMA engine arrival notification
- Each HFI can map ~128 GB window at 64 byte granularity
- Up to 8 virtual lanes for differentiated QoS
- ASIC designed to scale up to 160M messages/second and 300M bidirectional messages/second