Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors extend capabilities of ARROW* solution.
• Large, highly distributed workforce
• Continually rising support costs
• Costly downtime with reduced employee productivity
• Conducted production pilot project in Accenture Delivery Centers targeting approximately 80,000 PCs
• Implemented Accenture Remote Resolution Online Workforce (ARROW) solution for one-click, 24/7 remote computer diagnosis and repair services
• Combined ARROW solution with PCs powered by 2nd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors, which enable virtual support even when the PC is off, the OS is unresponsive, or software agents are disabled
Distributed workforce needs support
Accenture is a truly global company, providing management consulting, technology services, and outsourcing services to clients in more than 120 countries. Accenture’s own workforce of 246,000 is distributed across more than 50 countries, with most employees working remotely at least part of the time.
Like most companies with a highly distributed workforce, Accenture faced challenges to improve its user support with minimal business disruption, improved user satisfaction, and optimal economic benefit. Employees often had to come in to the support office location for PC repair services provided by local IT technicians. Providing that level of support was increasingly expensive, and every time an employee had to come in from the field it further cost the business in lost productivity.