Intel® Embedded Media and Graphics Driver FAQ
1. Can I get the source code for the Windows* driver?
No, Intel® Embedded Media and Graphics Driver (Intel® EMGD) for Windows* plan of record operating systems was designed so that Intel® graphics chipset customers would not need access to the source code.
2. What Windows* operating systems are officially supported by Intel® EMGD?
Intel® EMGD supports the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
Windows XP (SP3), Windows XP Embedded (SP3), Windows Embedded for Point of Service (WePOS), Windows 7 Embedded Standard, Windows CE 6.0 R3 (upon Windows CE driver availability), DOS support (IBM PC 2000*, MS 6.22)
Note: For more detail about the support list, please refer to the user guide and release notes.
3. Does Intel EMGD support Windows* 7 / Windows* Embedded Standard 7?
Yes. Intel EMGD supports Windows 7 (32-bit) and Windows Embedded Standard 7 (32-bit) in WDDM mode for platforms Intel® Atom™ processor E6xx series and Intel® System Controller Hubs US15W, US15WP, US15WPT.
4. Can a host system running Windows 7 64-bit version use CED to generate an Intel EMGD driver package?
Yes, a host system running Windows* 7 64-bit version can be used to build an Intel®EMGD driver package using the CED tool.
5. What platforms are supported with Intel EMGD for Windows 7 and Windows Embedded Standard 7?
Intel EMGD for Windows 7 and Windows Embedded Standard 7 supports the following platforms:
- Intel Atom processor Z5xx series (with Intel® System Controller Hub US15W/US15WP/WPT Chipset)
- Intel Atom processor E6xx series
Note: The driver supports only Intel Atom processor E6xx 1.0 GHz and above SKUs, they are 1.0 GHz (E640), 1.3 GHz (E660) and 1.6 GHz (E680). The 0.6 GHz (E620, E620T) SKU is not supported due to Microsoft Windows 7 minimum system requirement of 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) processor or above.
6. What platforms are supported with Intel EMGD for Windows Embedded Compact 7(WEC7)?
7. What are the consequences of installing Intel EMGD for Windows 7 and Windows Embedded Standard 7 on Intel Atom processor E6xx 0.6 GHz (E620, E620T) SKU platform?
The system still allows installation but when rebooting, Windows 7/Windows Embedded Standard 7 boots only in VGA mode.